You will no doubt have heard about the huge malware attack on the NHS http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39918426
The UK NCSC (National Cyber Security Centre) response is : https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/news/latest-statement-international-ransomware-cyber-attack-0
Ciaran Martin, CEO of the National Cyber Security Centre said:
“Today we have seen a set of global cyber attacks against thousands of organisations and individuals in dozens of countries.
“The National Cyber Security Centre is working round the clock with UK and international partners and with private sector experts to lead the response to these cyber attacks.
“The picture is emerging that this is affecting multiple countries and sectors and is not solely targeted at the NHS. As the Prime Minister said, we have no evidence that UK National Health Service patient data has been stolen.
“We are very aware that attacks on critical services such as the NHS have a massive impact on individuals and their families, and we are doing everything in our power to help them restore these vital services.
“It is important that organisations reduce the risks of these attacks happening to them. There are three pieces of important advice to help protect your organisation:
1. Make sure your security software patches are up to date
2. Make sure that you are running proper anti-virus software
3. Back up your data somewhere else because you can’t be held to ransom if you’ve got the data somewhere else.
How to protect your organisation from ransomware : https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/protecting-your-organisation-ransomware
StoneHouse Logic address the threat of cyber attack and provide managed services to help minimise the threat and impact of cyber security breaches :
– Managed IT services covering server monitoring, backups, patch management and vulnerability management
– Anti-virus, malwware and network security technologies (managed firewalls)
– Network policies, enforcement and monitoring
– Specific cyber security services including Cyber Essentials assessments, certification and staff training
Additional information can be found online on twitter https://twitter.com/stonehouselogic @stonehouselogic